Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:39:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jehamby@lightside.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co
Subject:   Re: POSIX Conformance (Unanswered in "questions" so I forwarded...)

> >   d. Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX, IEEE Std 1003.3-1991.
> >   e. Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX.1, IEEE Std 2003.1-1992.
>
> Oh great, IEEE standards.  Meaning that they aren't freely available.

You aren't paying attention.

These are NIST documents of the test methods for measuring conformance
to IEEE standards.

The documents are not, themselves, IEEE standards.

The documents are available at the URL I posted.

> To clear this up, I e-mailed Martha Gray at NIST, and inquired as to which
> version of TET the NIST POSIX test suite required.  She said that TET was
> _not_ required by the test suite, as it pre-dates TET.
>
> Hm.  Are we talking about the same test suite here?

This is odd.

Hmmm...

Oh. Fart.  I guess I bozoed it.  I was calling it from my TET environment
for an overall test (I've been working on a FABIO test suite), but I
didn't look to see if it made calls back into TET.  It doesn't.

I guess that's what I get for having run both SVID and NIST/PCTS on
the same box.  The SVID suite and the X suite require TET; the NIST/PCTS
doesn't.

> Perhaps it would be good idea to wait until the bits are on the NIST server.

Yes.  This would clarify the distribution restrictions, etc., which I
can only guess at.  I'd prefer to have people wait until it's posted
so that it can be check into source code control without any question
about its status.

Sorry for the brouha about TET.  8-(.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert