Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:24:32 -0500
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   building select ports for packaging on install media

Greetings.

I'm looking for a little guidance in building a small
(one to two dozen) packages for inclusion on a locally
generated install CDROM.

(I'm doing this on for sparc64 machines, but I don't think
that matters tremendously.)

I have successfully generated bootable cd-rom media
by doing:

	cd /usr/src/release
	make release

After grinding around alot, I get a viable sparc64 bootable
cdrom.

What I'd like to do is augement that CD-ROM image with several
binary packages, so I can just install them via 'sysinstall',
rather than having to maintain a /usr/ports tree on every host
and compile the same software again and again...

I've found:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng-packages/article.html
and
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/portbuild/article.html

But those seem to revolve around building *all* the ports.
I just want to do a couple of dozen of them, but I'd like to
end up with something that will generate binary packages that
'pkg install' can deal with.

Thanks for any tips.

-Kurt