Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:30:49 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mkisofs

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Joe "Marcus" Clarke wrote:

> I've been searching through the on-line docs and mailing list archives,
> but I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for.  I'd like to download
> the FreeBSD distribution tree, and then use mkisofs to make a ISO9660 CD
> image from it.  Then I'll write it out to a CD (obviously).  I'm looking
> for flags to mkisofs to do this.  I'd like to enable Rockridge ext. and
> El Torito (I realize I'll need a boot floppy for this).  Thanks.

***

I'm not using mkisofs, but mkhybrid. Btw. switches are almost same,
because mkhybrid is a mkisofs derived program.

Switches as I do:

mkhybrid -a -d -D -J -l -N -r -T -P "info about publisher" -V "volume id"
-o ....

Cut off the -J switch and go. The -J switch is for Joliet extensions, I
think latest mkisofs supports Joliet too. If you want to see correct
volume id under window95 or smth. similar, please restrict this under 11
symbols. There are several other restrictions too, as I remember..
I don't know anything about making bootable CD except this is possible :)

Good luck

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee