Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:32:28 -0600
From:      Christopher Uy <cuy@uswest.net>
To:        Inix ZixinG <inix@manutd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email Server

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 07:36:46AM -0800, Inix ZixinG wrote:
> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Inix ZixinG" <inix@manutd.com>
> Be sure to reply to that address.
>
> I'm looking for a Email Server software for
> FreeBSD, which is mini ISP strength. Supports
> multiple domains, mail forwarding and SMTP
> relaying. though the relaying should be able to
> be turned off.

Is there a reason for not using sendmail?  It comes with the standard
FreeBSD distribution and has all the features that you require in a
mail server?

I know some people have a fear of sendmail and having to mess with the
sendmail.cf file.  With the versions of sendmail that are currently
shipping with FreeBSD though, you can create a custom sendmail.cf
files very easily using m4 macro configs.

It's probably safe to say that sendmail is the mode widely used MTA
out there.  A few other popular MTAs are Qmail (http://www.qmail.org)
and Postfix (http://www.postfix.org), both of which are highly
centered and focused on security.  Choosing the best of the three MTAs
becomes a religious war.  They're all free... try one and see which
one you like best.

- chris
--
Christopher Uy                                 U S WEST Internet Services
Systems Engineer                                     600 Stinson Blvd. 3S

         "I used to be a doctor, but I didn't have the patients."