Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:49:21 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port WITH_* options and updates/portupgrade

Hi,

there is an issue that has been bothering me for a long time.

There are quite a few ports that allow me to configure options. Some
ports use the command line, others use the dialog utility.

I do have concerns with portupgrade though: Whenever I do a batch build
of Postfix, it lacks SASL2 support (that I need to enable manually).

Is there any chance that port options used in a build, regardless of
WITH_* options or dialog settings, could be stored so that portupgrade
or even a stock "make clean ; make" can find and use these options?

There could be a "make cleanopts" to return to defaults.

Or is there already a good way that I'm unaware of?

Cheers,

--
Matthias Andree