Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:46:39 +1000
From:      J Lachlan Kanaley <kanaley@student.usyd.edu.au>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sound Problems

Hello,

I have my soundcard configured and it generally works fine, but every
now and then i get this message at boot time:

% dmesg |grep pcm

pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro-1> port 0xb800-0xb8ff irq 5 at device 9.0
on pci0
pcm0: agg_rdcodec() RW_DONE timed out.
pcm0: will perform cold reset.
pcm0: agg_rdcodec() RW_DONE timed out.
pcm0: ac97 codec init failed
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

and the sound doesn't work.  Any ideas??  I'm running 4.6-RELEASE #1 and
have a custom kernel containing: device pcm

Thankyou

-lachlan