Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:35:54 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding packages with sysinstall

I'd appreciate comments on using "/stand/sysinstall" to add packages
from floppies. I tried making floppies with a similar format to the CD
(ie putting the file I want to add in an "All" directory, & put that and the
"index" file inside a "packages" directory) but when I tell sysinstall to
look at the floppy I get an error message to the effect that the file I
specified can't be found. I know the file is OK since I can open & check it,
so what needs to be done in order to use sysinstall to read the floppy
directly ?? The only mention of this stuff I found in the mailing list
archives suggests copying the file to hard drive and pointing sysinstall at
"local"