Date:      19 Nov 1996 23:01:29 +0100
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for NE2000 comatible PCI ethernet card?

>> On Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:53:17 +0100, Marco Masotti <mc7953@mclink.it> said:

    MM> On 17 Nov 1996, Peter Mutsaers wrote:
    >> I just bought a cheap NE2000 compatible PCI ethernet card. At a first
    >> glance I only see support for ISA based NE2000 compatibles. Is a PCI
    >> one also supported?

    MM> I bought one last week and added to my fbsd 2.1.5-REL.

    MM> It happened to work just fine, and actually my Pc is now handling three
    MM> network card altogether, IRQs permitting ... :-)

    MM> One ISA Ne2000, one PCI Ne2000, one 3Com 3C509.

Hmm, my PCI card was not detected. Could you show me what you put in
the kernel config file to use your PCI Ne2000?

Maybe it is because I have a noname clone. For Linux I needed either
to boot with an ether=0,0xff40,eth0 parameter or apply some special
patch that someone made to have more PCI NE2000 clones to be properly
detected.

Is there a way I can force detection under FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Peter Mutsaers