Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 02:07:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Greg=20Quinlan?= <gwq_uk@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Startup Configuration Info

Hi All,

I know this sounds like a simple question, but how can
I display the kernel startup configuration (ie. what
devices have been configured in a custom kernel)

If:

1. I have lost the original custom kernel
configuration file.
2. Can not use 'dmesg' (as it is full of arp errors,
and nothing else)
3. Can not restart the machine to write down any of
the info'! (as it is a crucial network gateway)

Also how can I switch off errors such as:

arp: 195.105.x.x is on xl0 but got reply from
00:a0:24:4d:2d:95 on xl

(Someone has shifted a PC to another subnet, but not
changed its' IP address. I am being bombarded with
errors on the console (and in the output for 'dmesg'),
but can not locate the PC.)

Thanks

Greg