Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:14:53 +0100 (GMT-1)
From:      af@biomath.jussieu.fr
To:        ivanov@nfsun1.jinr.dubna.su (A.P.Ivanov)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd and reserved port trouble

A.P.Ivanov wrote / a ecrit:

> Hi,everybody!
>
> I have problem automounting Suns exported NFS directories.
> Seems there is no options like -P for amd (like in mount).
> So is there is a way to resolve this. I compiled the lates
> amd (amdupl102) but the problem remains.

Can you elaborate ? I am using amd to automount  filesystems  exported
by all sorts of machines, including SunOS 4.1.3 and 5.3. No problem so
far. Note that on the Sun boxes, rpc.mountd runs with -n option.  That
might be the reason (and the dirty fix ?). We did that because of  our
Ultrix clients having problems otherwise.

_Alain_

--
Alain FAUCONNET    Ingenieur systeme - System Manager     AP-HP/SIM
Public Health                91 bld de l'Hopital 75013 PARIS FRANCE