Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:01:22 +0100
From:      Michael <michael@grimus.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro 2010  / CPU fan always runs

Hi,
      The subject line says it all, Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro 2010 and
the cpu fan never switches off.
Its a new laptop and of course it works under Windows so the hardware is
fine.

Of course I have read the man pages and old newsgroup posts but still
ended up here. ;-(

Here is the output from (sysctl -a hw.acpi.thermal), so the fan should
be off I assume.

hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 26.8C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 78.8C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 99.8C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 58.8C 46.8C -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

I don't have any idea what to try next, this acpi stuff seems so complex
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
                         Michael