Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:49:31 +1300
From:      "Mark Ibell" <marki@paradise.net.nz>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, "Bjarne Wichmann Petersen" <mekanix@vip.cybercity.dk>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Moving setup from one HD to another.

The thing to watch for here is that Sysinstall's labelling mechanism doesn't
work very well for this sort of thing. What I do is:

(i) Use Sysinstall's fdisk option to partition the disk. (I can't get cmd
line fdisk to work for some reason!)
(ii) Label the disk (e.g. disklabel -e ad1)
(iii) Format, mount, etc
(iv) Copy data using 'dump piped into restore' or 'pax'

Also might have to do a './MAKEDEV' under dev to create the device entries
before (iii).

Cheers,
Mark