Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 23:41:59 +0200
From:      laurent wan <laurent.wan@free.fr>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installing gdm2 failed

On 2002.05.22 07:11 Joe Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, laurent wan wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> >   I tried to install gdm2 port on my FreeBSD FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE
> > but it failed.
> >
> >   Note: this is my FIRST install of Gnome2 stuff - it's been a long
> > time i was waiting for theses ports :) -
>
> Looks like your linc port might be screwed up.  Can you reinstall
> /usr/ports/net/linc?

yes

/usr/ports/net/linc install failed because it can't install index.sgml
- missing ? - in /usr/ports/net/linc/docs

to make it install well, i have removed these lines from
/usr/ports/net/linc/docs:

duronzell# pwd
/usr/ports/net/linc/work/linc-0.1.21/docs
duronzell#  diff Makefile Makefile.orig
329a330,331/usr/ports/devel/bonobo-activation/work/bonobo-activat
ion-0.9.8/api-docs
> 	  echo '-- Installing $(srcdir)/html/index.sgml' ; \
> 	  $(INSTALL_DATA) $(srcdir)/html/index.sgml
> $(DESTDIR)$(TARGET_DIR); \
duronzell#

which came from Makefile.am
- it was easier than patch directly Makefile.am -

after that install of linc continues correctly.

and gdm2 runs fine on my box.

There is also the same style of error in
/usr/ports/devel/bonobo-activation/work/bonobo-activat
ion-0.9.8/api-docs !!

index.sgml file is missing also at installation of doc.

these two Makefile.am (linc/docs and bonobo/docs) share same generic
code for installation of doc.

hope it will help (without s)