Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:00:42 +0000
From:      Andrea Campi <a.campi@inet.it>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [jhb@FreeBSD.org: RE: Panic in -current]

> Then when it panics write down the values that get printed out.  Next,
> do 'nm /sys/compile/MYKERNEL/kernel.debug | sort' and look for the function
> whose address matches the c_func address printed out, then send this info back
> please. :)

This time it took me 1 hour to get the panic, compared to a few minutes
of earlier panics. So, I got:

Bad callout handler: c_func = 0xc025ad3c, c_arg=0xc0338460, c_flags=7

First I tried a

db> x/i,10 0xc025ad3c
scrn_timer:	pushl	%ebp
[...]

nm just confirmed this, so it definitely looks like scrn_timer is to blame
here. Any other instructions? ;-) For the time being, vidcontrol -t off
(seems to) keep the machine up.

Bye,
	Andrea

--