Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:52:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      list subscriber <bsdlist@wildharerc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   configuring email for virtual hosts

I have a 4.4 Freebsd system that I use as a mail server.

I am accepting mail for virtual domains, and something is not working.

In my /etc/mail/local-host-names, I have defined a domain name (xyz.com)

In /etc/mail/virtusertable I have a line

@xyz.com    joeblow

What I want to happen is mail for any name @ xyz.com to go into the
mailbox joeblow.

What actually happens is it will accept mail for joeblow@xyz.com is
accepted correctly, but anything else is rejected.

How do I get it to route everything for a domain to a catch-all mailbox.

Everything is pretty much as installed, I have not made any changes to
sendmail.cf or anything esoteric.

TF