Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:22:39 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Michael_Lyngb=F8l?= <lyngbol@candid.dk>
To:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: restricted su

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 10:02:14AM -0400, Daniel Frazier wrote:
> > Is it possible to restrict 'su' to a specfic user to a specfic group?
> >
> > (just like only users in group 'wheel' may su to root)
> >
> > Thanks
> > /Michael

> Michael,
> To answer your question... if you have a user in a group that you wish
> to let su to root, you can just add that users name to the wheel group
> in /etc/group.  User will be in both groups...

No, that's not what I want (I'm allready aware of the use of group
'wheel' for root access)

Let's say that I've got this user 'gnyf' and a group 'lusers'.

I want only members og group 'gnyf' to be allowed to su to user 'gnyf'.

Looking at /usr/src/usr.bin/su/su.c (as pointed out by Igor) - you'll
have to hack this up ypur selv?!?

- Michael