Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:49:16 +0200
From:      jesse@prinz-atm.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE (Roland Jesse)
To:        Hans Petter Bieker <zerium@webindex.no>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error when building kdebase-4.1b port

Hans Petter Bieker writes:
 > ar you running this as root? you should take a look on ulimit -a.

I do get the error regardless to whether I am running it as root or
ordinary user. ulimit -a is the same for both:

cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
file size (blocks)         unlimited
data seg size (kbytes)     16384
stack size (kbytes)        8192
core file size (blocks)    unlimited
resident set size (kbytes) 30720
locked-in-memory size (kb) 10240
processes                  64
file descriptors           64

But this should not be the problem as I get the error message even
when I do not run any make processes but try to compile the file 'by
hand':

# cd /usr/ports/x11/kdebase/work/kdebase/kfm
# c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/qt -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/giflib  -O2 -m486 -pipe -c kfmgui.cpp
In file included from root.h:8,
                 from kfmgui.cpp:29:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:1074: virtual memory exhausted
cpp: output pipe has been closed

As I wrote before--there is definately enough virtual memory available
on the system.

Roland, still looking out for hints
--
"Hey, Marvin kid," said Zaphod brightly, "how are you doing?"
"Very badly I suspect," muttered Marvin.           (TRATEOTU)