Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:28:26 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fixit.flp

I've been using the fixit shell from the 'live filesystem CD' (the
second CD in the standard FreeBSD iso-images).

When going into the fixit shell, my ad4 disk shows up, but without
any slice information. Since there is no MAKEDEV in /dev, I need to
do this:

   cp /mnt2/dev/MAKEDEV /dev

Even then, the MAKEDEV script will fail due to a missing group, so I
then do this:

   cp /mnt2/etc/group /etc/group

Then I can `sh MAKEDEV` the disks with the proper slice entries.

This works, but I'm wondering if there is a 'more correct' way to mount
my disks in the fixit shell. Is there any fixit.flp documentation?

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com