Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 19:29:23 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@root.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on cdrom.com ?

>Which version of FreeBSD is cdrom.com running?  And are you folks using CCD out
>there?

   -stable with special local hacks to deal with 1250 users, and no - we're
not doing any CCD. We have a far too-high failure rate on disk drives to even
think about something like that...and it's not needed. We're completely
limited by the user's Internet performance. We can only get the load up by
increasing the anonymous limit. At 1250 users, we're pushing out about 25Mbps
sustained, with peaks at 30Mbps.

-DG

David Greenman