Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:17:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@freebsd.org>
To:        Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@poynting.phy.ulaval.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pdf2ps dLanguageLevel option doesn't seem to work

 >> > I'm trying to get a 2.0 ps file from a pdf file with pdf2ps command. The
 >> > command i use is:
 >> >
 >> > pdf2ps -dLanguageLevel=2 mypdf.pdf myps.ps
 >> >
 >> > The header of the ouput ps file is:
 >> > %!PS-Adobe-3.0
 >> >
 >> > Does someone know how to get a 2.0 file?
 >>
 >> Try  'acroread  -toPostScript  -level2 mypdf.pdf myps.ps'
 >>
 >> Jean-Marc

 > I get also a ps 3.0  file with this command...

I think you are confused by the postcript header. I all cases it will
begin with %!PS-Adobe-3.0. This does not reflect the postscript level,
but only the Document Structuring Convention version.
If you compare the PS output whith -level2 and -level3 you will see
differences.

Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Zucconi -- PGP Key: finger jmz@FreeBSD.org [KeyID: 400B38E9]