Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:32:05 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Gavin=20Kenny?= <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   patching & ports

Hi guys,

I wanted to upgrade a port, so being an idiot I just
went to the freebsd website, grabbed the latest
makefiles etc and then did a make install. Now during
the build process I get the question "what file do you
want to patch?", well I've tried all kinds of path
names leading to files that seem to be indicated by
the patch files but nothing works.

2 questions:

1) Is this an OK way to upgrade a port or am I just
getting it way wrong (I can't CVSup BTW as I am behind
a firewall ;-(

2) What is the correct answer to the patching
question. For future reference how do I work it out?

cheers

Gavin