Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 1997 12:31:26 -0600
From:      ken <kenzen@oneimage.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcmcia woes

ok heres my whole problem as its developed over the last 5 days, I use a
Toshiba 435cds and I have an NE2000 compat ethernet card, im wired tio
the net thru a t1. anyway I downloaded and made a boot-pao.flp disk ,
then used it to boot my nmachine and do an ftp install of freebsd, it
went off without a hitch. aafter having finished the install, i used the
pc-card kernel option in the /stand/sysinstall option i compiled and
configured the PAO kernel. when i boot it turns on the pc card
controller and even tells me there is a card in slot 0. but i get no
ed0. I have tried numerous things i have tried every possible address
correction in -c visual, and at the suggestion of someone in the
newsgroups even disabled all the cards in there. I have reinstalled
several times and recompiled the PAO kernel both automatically thru
/stand/sysinstall and manually thru /stand/PAO....
    Normally i wouldve given up by now and figured my card wouldnt work,
except it looks for IC-CARD which is what every other os has found my
card as, and it did the ftp install. something is wrong in my kernel, i
have hassled people on irc, i have posted to newsgroups, i have written
to every email address in the pao page, and every email addy in the
documentation on PAO and PC-CARD. Ive read thru the handbook. I am at my
wits end and was about to reload linux which runs the card without a
hitch , but i dont like nearly as much all the way around, when i got a
mail from a guy who told me to subscribe here. This sounds like the most
likely place in which to get help, I am beginning to feel all alone with
this problem and that  there is no solution. hehehe well write if u need
more details or have any suggestions, thanks
ken