Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:52:51 +0900
From:      NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

> gomen nasai.  watashi wa nihongo ga wakarimasen.[*]

Good japanese, don't care. I can't use English well, also. We can
communicate, but shaky English.

> What makes things worse is that some devices that can act like the
> current pcic can also act like a device which can attach cardbus cards
> to.  And sometimes those devices can be in compatibility mode, which
> only adds to the confusion.

plain FreeBSD and current PAO, Now these are Legacy commpatible
mode only. Newconfig project already support *native* CardBus, it
is another project of PAO. Its code is share with NetBSD CardBus
support.

# current FreeBSD PC-Card support code is very confusion, so we
# re-build PC-Card support with NetBSD PC-Card support code and
# CardBus support code.

newconfig CardBus configuration:

pcic0   at isa? iobase 0x3e0 membase 0xd0000 memsize 0x4000
pcic1   at isa? iobase 0x3e2 membase 0xd4000 memsize 0x4000
				# ISA PCIC controller
				# (include CardBus bridge legacymode)

cbb*    at pci? dev ? func ?	# PCI-CardBus bridges

cardbus* at cbb? slot ?		# CardBus support
pcmcia*  at cbb? socket ?	# PCMCIA support with CardBus bridge
				# native CardBus mode

pcmcia*  at pcic? controller ? socket ?
				# PCMCIA support with ISA PCIC
				# (or CardBus controller legacy mode)

# currently support drivers (NetBSD driver base, for sample implement)

# PC-Card network interfaces

ep*     at pcmcia? function ?           # 3Com 3c589 and 3c562 Ethernet
fe*     at pcmcia? function ?           # MB8696x based Ethernet
ne*     at pcmcia? function ?           # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
sn*     at pcmcia? function ?           # Megahertz Ethernet

# CardBus-Card network interfaces

ep*     at cardbus? dev ? func ?        # 3Com 3c575TX Ethernet
xl*     at cardbus? dev ? func ?        # 3Com 3c575TX and 3c575BTX Ethernet

--
NAKAGAWA, Yoshihisa
	y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp