Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 2003 21:22:26 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@nomadiclab.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPsec / ipfw interaction in 4.7-STABLE: a proposed change

>>>>> "Pekka" == Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@nomadiclab.com> writes:

 Pekka> Now, as a small step to that direction I made the following
 Pekka> small hack to netinet6/esp_input.c It changes the ESP tunneled
 Pekka> packets to look like they were coming from the loopback
 Pekka> interface. And it works like charm. However, this is not a
 Pekka> proper fix, and a better one might be to increment NLOOP and use
 Pekka> loif[1] instead of loif[0]. Opinions?

Seems pretty close to what OpenBSD has implemented, except they don't
use the stock loopback interface.

Their enc(4) driver is a software loopback interface :
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=enc&sektion=4&arch=i386&apropos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current

It's used in src/sys/netinet/ipsec_input.c to impersonate the incoming
interface just as you did in your patch.

I'd like to know whether there would be any interest in associating a
different interface to each incoming SPD entry or just use only one
interface for all incoming SPD entries ?

Regards

Eric Masson

--
 «Comme annoncé dans fr.usenet.forums.annonces récemment, le vote pour
 la destruction/remplacement du groupe fr.comp.os.linux a reussi