Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:36:33 +0200
From:      cole@optec.co.za
To:        undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject:   Winbond Hardware watchdog

Hi, im busy writing a program to interface with a winbond IO chip on the motherboard, the  ports that i need to write and read from are 2e, and 2f respectively, the problem is that i can read from the chip fine, that works, but it appears as if i cant write to the chip, i have tried both the /dev/io interface as well as i386_set_ioperm f I would like to know if freebsd blocks direct hardware writes, or if there is something else that i need to do in order to allow the write through.  My kern secure level is 0 and im running the program as root at the moment to avoid any restrictions.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know

Thanx
Cole