Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:53:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Sexton <robert@kudra.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/21582: rndcontrol won't accept irq's over 16

>Number:         21582
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       rndcontrol -s 21 returns invalid argument.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

I am running 4.1-STABLE on an SMP machine.

Both my disk controller and my network cards have interrupts of
20 or more.  I cannot use rndcontrol, and as a result, I'm severely
entropy challenged.

>How-To-Repeat:

rndcontrol -s 21 (or some higher number)

>Fix:

Its unclear to me as to whether the problem is in rndcontrol itself or
the kernel interface it uses.  In any case, I'm loath to touch it for
fear of breaking things, or interfering with the inclusion of yarrow.