Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:05:45 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster WITH_PKGNG and cpan

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013, at 7:59, Marko Cupa=C4=87 wrote:
>=20
> If I remember well, I had all the ports installed back in days of
> pkg_tools,
> and converted pkg_* database to pkg with pkg2ng. Do you say that, if I
> had pkg
> from the start, it wouldn't even register in the pkg database? If so, how
> are people supposed to keep track of installed cpan modules in pkg era?
>=20

I'm honestly not sure how that's supposed to be handled... The whole
"bsdcpan" thing seemed like a hack to me, and I've had problems with it
during OS upgrades over the years...

Marko, what version of RT are you running? I see that with versions
older than 4.0.8 you're supposed to "patch" RT with an included diff to
add some functionality. This violates guidelines though, as it will
break RT in the eyes of pkg and it won't properly get uninstalled
because of a checksum mismatch. I plan on making this port require