Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:22:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   about sysinstall(8) package managment

hi all,

I was wondering that, the sysinstall(8) utility
doesn't
have package managment facilities designed for people
to view even if they don't have some kind of
connection
to the media.

Example:
When you select the 'packages' option, it will ask you
about your media type.  If someone doesn't have any of
the media, than, they wouldn't be able to know what
packages are installed on their system. (Only by doing
pkg_info, but not from sysinstall.. :)

What I am suggesting is, that we can make a section in
the sysinstall configure menu, where we can show all
the currently installed packages, and we can link up
the current pkg routines such as adding, removing, so
that people can easily see what packages are
installed,
and they can also remove them from that menu..

let me know about your views on this..

thanks,
regards,

 - Hiten