Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:12:09 +0200
From:      Marcus von Appen <mva@FreeBSD.org>
To:        zope@FreeBSD.org, python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: zope related code to be removed from bsd.python.mk

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y

On, Sun Sep 22, 2013, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:

> Marcus von Appen wrote on 22.09.2013 02:55:
> > Dear Zope maintainers,
> >
> > I'd like to get rid of the zope related code in bsd.python.mk and think
> > about moving it into an own Uses file for zope. Thus all ports requiring
> > Zope would be converted to USES+= zope.
> >
> > You can find the mk file itself at
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~mva/zope.mk.txt. It is a simple copy'n'paste
> > from bsd.python.mk with a small additional check for PYTHON_VERSION.
> >
> > I'll have finished patching the relevant ports later for a review and
> > test. If there are any concerns, please let me know.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Marcus
>
> Good idea, Marcus. This is something that was in my todo. I'm now
> preparing plone update, so let's do that right after that will be done.
> I need about three days to finish.

Great! A complete patch that replaces USE_ZOPE with USES=zope on all
ports can be found at http://people.freebsd.org/~mva/uses_zope.patch.

Feel free to commit (after testing ;-) or integrate it with the plone
update at your convenience. Otherwise let's do this right after your
plone upgrade.

Cheers
Marcus

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y