Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 06:53:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      List User <listuser@netspace.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

Newsgroups: freebsd.questions
From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject: Lack of response on -questions (was: WHY ?)
To: Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo>, freebsd-questions
Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 22:00:23 GMT

On Sunday, 13 December 1998 at 16:53:47 +0100, Riccardo Veraldi wrote:

> Hello
> I have been posting for 3 weeks 1 question asking if AFS is supported or
> not by FreeBSD, since it is very important to know for my university.
> Noone ever replyed me in 3 weeks.
> so wassup ?

Take a look at http://www.lemis.com/questions.html, which has also
been broadcast to this list 3 times in the last 3 weeks.  In
particular:

 1.  Remember that nobody gets paid for answering a FreeBSD question.
     They do it of their own free will.  You can influence this free
     will positively by submitting a well-formulated question
     supplying as much relevant information as possible.  You can
     influence this free will negatively by submitting an incomplete,
     illegible, or rude question.  It's perfectly possible to send a
     message to FreeBSD-questions and not get an answer even if you
     follow these rules.  It's much more possible to not get an answer
     if you don't.

I can't recall your questions.  Maybe they were badly formulated or
indicated (for example, instead of a subject line like ``Is AFS
supported?'', you might have written ``WHY ?'').  In this case, I
might have deleted the message without reading it.  I'd recommend you
read the rest of the web page.

Greg