Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:56:30 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   port reinstall does not update /var/db/pkg (libreoffice)

Libreoffice undergoes a lot of chenges these days, so updating the port
from siurce takes more than four hours on my boxes. On one of the,
running FreeBSD 9.0-CUR/amd64, portmaster fails to update to
libreoffice-3.3.0_3, process quits with random strange errors. Doing the
job from ports/editors/libreoffice via 'make reinstall' works fine, but
this does not update /var/db/pkg/libreoffice-3.3.0_3 properly, so that
everytime I perform "portmaster -av", libreoffice shows up again,
claiming being libreoffice-3.3.0_1, wanting to be updated to
libreoffice-3.3.0_3 (not realising that it is already
libreoffice-3.3.0_2, because I updated sunday the last time and after
the today's update it is de facto libreoffice-3.3.0_3, but
/var/db/pkg/libreoffice-3.3.0_1 clains still to be libreoffice-3.3.0_1).

How to fix this?