Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@cybernautics.net>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   Boot prompt

I'm a bit confused about the FreeBSD boot prompt.  The Boot
man page seems to say that the boot process can be aborted
by typing any character at the boot prompt; and, after so
doing, certain described input will be accepted.  However,
I find that entering a random character at the boot prompt
merely causes a response to be generated complaining that
the character can not be found.

The Handbook seems to say that an alternative kernel may be
specified at the boot prompt.  That seems to work.

My question is:  What do I have to do at the boot prompt
in order to allow me to enter the input described in the
man page?

Thanks for any input.

     ... doug

Doug Jolley    mailto://doug@cybernautics.net    http://www.cybernautics.net
         Don't bogart that file, my friend.  Net it over to me.