Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:53:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Benjamin Ossei <ben@cahostnet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   firewall rules

I have a small home network that I'm going to use ipfw and nat for.  I was wondering if anyone had a custom ruleset that I could use as a baseline to write my own rules.  I am currently using the rc.firewall and I'm a little confused as to what they are trying to do.  They stop spoofing on the private networks but I get permission deny when I run the "simple" profile for natd and other things.  I also can not go out of the firewall.  I know this will take time to tweak. Any help will be appreciated.

If I can take the spoofing config out or make it work I'll like to do that.  I will like to protect my network from others trying to fake it like they on my network so I feel I should keep it.

Thanks