Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:34:26 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek

Le Friday 07 March 2003 18:16, Doug Ambrisko a écrit :
[SNIP]
> everything at once.  This illustrated the HW issue with the new D-Link 4
> port card since none of their "supported" drivers and OSes could get over
> 20Mbs.  We had 100FDX links to each client and a Gig link to the server.
> FreeBSD could peak to 40Mbs if I recall right and we were told FreeBSD
> must be broken even though it was faster then their supported OSes
> (Windows < 1Mbs)!  To be honest I did fix a bunch of bugs in the FreeBSD
> driver.

[re-SNIP]

> Our bigger issue is bus performance on a 32bit/33Mhz bus with 3, 4-port
> cards.

and the avid reader asks : so, now, what NIC are you really using ? (I too
have used with great pleasure quite a bunch of DLink-DFE-570), and I was
leaning towards using the newer DFE-580 4-port on another project ...)

any suggestions (with benchmark results ?) heartily welcome !

	TfH

> To date we haven't had any trouble with them and we've shipped a bunch.

then, what are these "them" ?