Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:52:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        kwoody@citytel.net
Subject:   mySQL strtoll error.

mySQL: v3.23.44 binary distribution
FreeBSD: 4.2
PHP 4.0.6

Having an issue with some simple sql queries failing with the error
message:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Undefined symbol "strtoll"
011124 12:08:34  mysqld restarted

This is a pre-compiled binary. This machine is a stats server for
CounterStrike. PHP is compiled with the path to mysql.

Ive dug around for strtoll on various archives (mysql and freebsd)and have
found mentions of strtoll and others hving the same error but no fix or
solution has been found.

Is this a library issue with ld-elf.so.1? I'm thinking mySQL was compiled
on a machine that has different libraries which is causing my problem.

Anyone have a suggestion on this? I usually compile my own mySQL running
BSD/OS and have yet to run across an error I have not been able to fix by
reading docs/archives etc but this is one I cant seem to find.

This 'fun' project is turning out to be kinda frustrating.

Thanks,
Keith