Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:22:45 -0600
From:      "Robert D. Hughes" <rob@robhughes.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: SNMP Daemon on FreeBSD to use with MRTG

Just do a make install there and it'll compile and install everything =
you need. Also make sure you set up some long, mixed case alpha-numeric =
community strings and access lists so that the system can't be polled =
from the outside. If you have a firewall, put in an early rule that =
denies ports 161-162 from outside your lan.