Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 2003 01:59:00 -0000
From:      jason <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   I need help fixing the agp_nvidia.c driver

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem loading agp.  Every time I do load it at boot from
rc.conf and do a startx the machine hard locks.  So I decided to check
the source code and maybe make some modifications.  I have an epox 8rda
with the nforce 2 chipset, and a radeon 8500.  I am running 5.1.

    I noticed in the driver for my chipset(agp_nvidia.c) "wbc_mask" was
coming up, and it was only in 1 driver, mine.  I checked for it in all
related files and have found:
 "#define    AGP_NVIDIA_1_WBC        0xf0" in agpreg.h,
 "#define PCIM_BRIO_MASK        0xf" in pcireg.h.

    Would anyone know if BRIO_MASK = Base Register In Out_MASK, and what
does PCIM and WBC mean?  This is the first driver I have worked on or
with and I am seeing allot of stuff that must be standard in linux(that
is where agp_nvidia.c comes from) because it just does not look like
other bsd code in the other agp drivers I have compared it too.
Although I have also heard that the drivers nvidia writes for linux are
pretty bad, I think they were referring to the style not the quality if
I remember correctly.
Thanks,
Jason