Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        NAKAMURA Kazushi <kaz@kobe1995.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewire driver available

For thiose of us that are not firewire experts
can you guys tell us:

Are we talking about two completely different firewire implementations
here?
Or ar they based on each other? Are there any major incompatibilities
in the designs?
It's time to import firewire so I'd like to get one or the other (or
even better, a merged version if there are things each does not do)
into the tree soon.

Can you clear the situation?

I have the USENIX paper here (I actually attended) and am reading it now.

Julian