Date:      Mon, 25 May 1998 22:41:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Are Bryne <are.bryne@communique.no>
To:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SKey and locked account

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Philippe Regnauld wrote:

> Mike Smith writes:
> > >
> > > Then perhaps the default /nonexistent 'shell' for various password file
> > > entries should be changed also?
> >
> > It would probably make sense to have /sbin/nologin the default shell
> > for those accounts, yes.  Want to file a PR?
>
> 	Give me a day or so (if someone else doesn't do it), I'll
> 	write up the PR (man page patch + PR for /nonexistent).

I had already done so (sent the PR), and notified Mike Smith, but didn't
think it worthy of the list...

The man page patch would, I take it, be most welcome.

Here is the response:

Thank you very much for your problem report.  It has the internal
identification `conf/6739'. The individual assigned to look at your report
is: freebsd-bugs.

>Category:  conf
>Responsible:  freebsd-bugs
>Synopsis:  Proposing a change to default '/nonexistent' passwd shell
entry
>Arrival-Date:   Sun May 24 07:20:00 PDT 1998

Regards,
Are