Date:      Sun, 4 May 2003 16:05:38 +0530
From:      Shantanu Mahajan <freebsd@dhumketu.cjb.net>
To:        Teilhard Knight <teilhk@yifan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppoe

+++ Teilhard Knight [freebsd] [03-05-03 16:45 -0500]:
| Hi. I am a very newbie to FreeBSD, and UNIX in general. I hope you do
| not mind me asking very simple questions. I suppose, that due to the
| three I have now, I can deal with them in a single post.
|
| First. How can I use my Ethernet card to configure an asdl connection? I
| have spent a good deal of time in KDE looking for some way and I simply
| do not find it.

	if you have install docs,
	/usr/share/doc/en/books/pppoe.html

| Second, my computer has a burner and a DVD, and the installation program
| spotted both all right, and I can mount them all right and everything is
| fine there. Problem is, the floppy is missing, nowhere to be found.

	run the follwoing command as root

	mkdir /mnt/floppy
	mount -t <fstype> /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

	where
	<fstype> = msdos	for fat

| And thirdly, can I use Linux packages in FreeBSD, and how do I install
| them?
	yes you can install Linux packages in FreeBSD. read
	the follwing file
	/usr/share/doc/en/books/handbook/linuxemu.html

| I have no sound, but that seems to me a more elaborate question I will
| deal with separately.

	/usr/share/doc/en/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

| Thanks to all those who can give a hand.
|

| Teilhard Knight
| The Extraterrestrial

	Regards,
	Shantanu