Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:39:48 -0400
From:      Rod Taylor <dark@idiotswitch.org>
To:        walton@nordicrecords.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Berkeley removes Advertising Clause

On Thu, 02 Sep 1999, Dave Walton wrote:
> Anyone see this item on slashdot?
> Someone immediately came to the conclusion that they can now
> re-release BSD code under the GPL.  I'm not sure I see the
> connection...

Aside from me not seeing the connection either, why would we want to restrain
freebsd's userbase?   Alot of companies like the BSD license the way it is
(companies that contribute back even) because of what they can do for their
clients because of it.

--
Never try to guess your wife's size. Just buy her anything marked 'petite' and
hold on to the receipt.

Rod Taylor