Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:57:56 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot messages

In message <20010424231959.933A63E2B@bazooka.unixfreak.org> Dima Dorfman writes:
: Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org> writes:
: >   pca1: <AT-style speaker sound> at port 0x61 on isa0
: >   WARNING: Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("pcaudio")
: >   WARNING: Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("pcaudioctl")
:
: As it says, this is a driver mistake.  It's a bug.  I don't know if
: it's new or not since I don't have any computers with a sound card
: (and thus have no need for pcaudio*).
:
: >   unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
: >   unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
: >   unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources
:
: This is not a bug.  This is an FAQ.  So much that it's actually
: documented in (*gasp!*) the FAQ:

Actually, it is a bug.  The drivers in the tree should grok these pnp
ids.  Also, the bios pnp devices should be probed first rather than
last because those are hard wired pnp devices, as opposed to the ISA
PNP devices, which have the potential to be moved and can be
disabled.

Note well: ISA PNP and BIOS PNP are different things.

Warner