Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 96 02:51 MET
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Netscape 2.0b6a?

Hi!
---

In article <freebsd-current.199601292324.HAA01647@jhome.dialix.com>,
	Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM> writes:

>3: Does it work for anybody else on FreeBSD?

I was also trying to get the linux version of netscape 2.0b6a to work on
-current. What I get is lots of:
"Linux-emul(430): syslog() not supported (BSD sigreturn)"
messages on the sysconsole and the message:

resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword
resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword

on the shell window where I started netscape. The last message does not seem
quite new to me since I remember to have seen it anywhere before. I guess
it was when trying to play linuxxdoom over IP network.

The main problem on this is, that netscape is not able to resolve *ANY*
hostnames, since it seems to have trouble with the resolver.

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)
          (@@)      Andreas S. Wetzel        E-mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de