Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Alan L. Cox" <alc@imimic.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: QL12160A

Both the 12160 and 12160A are dual channel controllers as far as I know. The
'A' designation is for 66MHZ PCI slots I believe.

The answer is "yes". Do not use IBM drives with it (or the 1X80 either). For
reasons I have not been able to determine (I'm looking at this, finally,
today), writes to IBM drives only are *really* slow. Seagate/Quantum drives
seem fine. I thought it might be a f/w negotiation ordering  issue, but that's
not it so far.