Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:39:06 -0500
From:      "Stephen Comoletti" <rugose@www.delanet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fw: Ultra DMA

I have yet to get FreeBSD to work correctly with my Ultra ATA drive..
My system has a Promise Technologies Ultra33 card which the Quantum 6.4gig
runs from. I have a Zip and a toshiba cd on 2nd motherboard ide. It shows
the Ultra33 in the query, however still sets my zip (primary drive second
ide) as wd0 instead of the quantum which cant be found in any way.

question slightly related. The query speeds by so fast I cant read the pci
devices at the top (specifically the Promise PnP card). I see it's listed
but am unable to read it as it blurs by. Is there a way to slow/stop/scroll
back to this information when you do not have freebsd installed yet?

One other thought..would doing a minimal install onto a zip disc just to
get it in and running help me in working through my problems of it
recognizing the Quantum drive?

I've tried the most recent snap3.0, which bombs out for a new error the
2.2.2 release cd did not give me (again, I was unable to write it down
before it rebooted the machine). I'm still trying tho :)

steve