Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 22:15:27 -0500
From:      KapuT <kaput@whoever.com>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FUG- FreeBSD User Group

I know that FreeBSD is more centralised, and I know the differancy between it
and Linux :-)
Ok, right, we are newbie :-)
But we can start project, who are not of coding, like you say: we can do HTML
and text for newbie.  Because if some patient advanced user can help us,
tomorow, we will not be newbie, and we should do something to help, or to use
the Personnal Computer we have in hand.  Some newbie guy e-mailed me for the
idea of FUG, but they are newbie.  And I agree with you than Advanced user have
no time for us. But they should!

Today we are newbie, tomorow we will be advanced user.  And if we run FreeBSD
as advanced user, its an advantage for the freebsd comunity!

I know that its long, but with good explanation, you can do a lot of thing more
rapidly.

We can write, so its ok.
:-)
We can do a central, for newbie to FreeBSD.  Because if FreeBSD work with
newbie, some day those newbie will be advanced user.  And if they have advanced
user, they have more power.  Its just to use it.  And right now, I know than a
lot of people, more than you think, have the CD of FreeBSD, but dont know *how
to* so they use Win95...

I have finded than all book on the subject talk about boring hardware.
Hardware is important, but like me, when you dont know how to use  MAN
correctly... :-)

So I have 3 project:
Like yours, an easy FreeBSD manual, after than all is installed who just talk
about administration.  And as someone from Hong Kong e-mailed me, I can see
than we talk a lot of language!  And with a lot of example.  So, if us, newbie,
do a manual, we will understand more easily.

My second project is FUG, (Freebsd User Group) and if some admin on this list
can e-mail me for give me information on how I can submit that project...  :-)

And the last, would be a channel for newbie who use freebsd.
Like #bsd-newbie
on undernet or some server like that.

I just want than some Admin in FreeBSD project take consideration of newbie and
of there problems-a lot or problems...

So, we are not alone in the dark, I wish :-)

cya
KapuT

***************************
kaput@whoever.com