Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 01:38:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   Re: how to I ftp a directory tree?

> NOTE: From durang@u.washington.edu (not the above - sorry for the inconv.)
> I read the list, so you needn't reply directly...
>
> The ftp site I had in mind is ftp.freebsd.org, and it seems they don't
> support the "get directory.tar" command syntax.

Sorry, but I just ftp'd a directory less than 10 seconds ago
using this technique.  Note that "directory" must be within the
*current* directory -- you can't just specify an arbitrary
path to one (I think?)

For example, I did:
	cd pub/FreeBSD
	get docs.tar
and all went well...

You can also do
	get docs.tar.gz
to get the tarball sent to you gzip'ed...

> is there another way? for now I'm using mget, but the man page
> specifically says that mget is not how it's done....

--don