Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:19:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        The Mad Scientist <madscientist@thegrid.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Riddle me this

I prefer a slightly different approach. My syslog.conf file
contains the two lines:

!ipfw
*.*			/var/log/ipfw

I like to keep the ipfw stuff separate, because I have a
nightly procedure that copies the daily logs to NT, rolls
them into an Access MDB file and then rolls over the log.
If you keep your ipfw messages separate, they are a lot
easier to study in a spreadsheet or a local database.

For instant viewing, I have created an additional entry in
xlogmaster to keep an eye on ipfw.

I am working on a script to roll them into a dbf file to
load into StarOffice on a nightly or weekly basis.

*Gene Harris      http://www.tetronsoftware.com*
*FreeBSD Novice                                *
*All ORBS.org SMTP connections are denied!     *