Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:56:21 +0800
From:      Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>
To:        freebsd-tech-jp@jp.freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   toshiba portege DynaBook SS 3480

Hi,

I got my new laptop from japan these days, which is a portege 3480
ds60p/1nmr. This model only ships in Japan, so guys at jp are proabably
more familiar with it.

I got some problem when trying to install FreeBSD on this new laptop.

o Normal floppy install wouldn't work. (it is a USB floppy disk)
  Hanged after probing fdc0, I noticed that there are messages like:
  direction bit not set, cmd 3 failed, etc. neither recent -current
  nor PAO boots correctly to sysinstall.

o can't boot from the pcmcia CDROM, though there is bois option for boot
  sequence.

o of course fbsdboot doesn't work for a long time, neither does invoking loader
  by fbsdboot.

o BIOS version 1.30

Is there any suggestions or other information needed on this?

Cheers,
CLK