Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:26:33 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New structure of the Web Server and documentation

On 1998-07-23 00:35:01 +0900, Motoyuki Konno wrote:
> Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> > There are more and more translations (japanese, spanish, etc.) of the
> > FreeBSD documentation. We need to restructure our web server.
> >
> > old location  		new location
> >
> > www/data/ja_JP.EUC  	www/ja
> > www/data/tutorials  	doc/en/tutorials
> >
> > www/data		www/en
>
> I think the following structure would be better.
>
>   www/data/             English version
>   www/data/ja           Japanese version
>   www/data/??           other versions

I hate the data directory. The restructure is the change
to kill it ;-)

> Because:
>
> 1.  English version is original.
>
> 2.  We (Japanese doc team) assume that English version of Web files
>     are placed at one level higher than Japanese WWW files.

www/en is the directory where the english SGML files lives. It
is not the home of the HTML files! The makefile will install
the html files from www/en to /usr/local/www/data and the html
files from www/ja to /usr/local/www/data/ja.

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org> http://freebsd.org/~w/